Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yeah-Jon's home!

So Jon was out of town this week and don't get me wrong I love my kids to death, but I start to go a little crazy after about the third day with no break. My "me time" is usually when I go to the gym as soon as Jon gets home from work during the week. But while he was gone Chandler had a little runny nose and Charli just really doesn't like the day care yet, so I had to sacrifice it this week. Needless to say by the time Jon came home I was ready to get out, and being the wonderful husband that he is, he agreed. He told me Saturday could be my day to do whatever I wanted. I started the day off by going to the gym with my "gym buddy" Rachel for 2 hours, it was so great to be there. It doesn't usually take that long but we like to chit chat between every exercise we are doing. After the gym I came home and got ready for a much needed pedicure, Rachel decided she needed one too. After that Jon and I took Chandler to see Madagascar 2, while Rachel and her girls watched Charli. We ended the night with our favorite, Cafe Rio! It was a wonderful day, thanks Jon for being such a great husband, and thank you Rachel for being the best sister- in -law and friend.
Rachel and me enjoying our fabulous pedicures.


The finished product! You can't really tell but I did red with black and white flowers for the U. Go Utes!


Chandler really liked Madagascar, he sat through it really well. Of course the large supply of popcorn and candy helped too.

8 comments:

Rachel Banks said...

What would our lives be without the gym? OR PEDICURES?!? We love it. Thanks for letting me be part of your awesome day!

Dennis & Melissa said...

Kim! I can't believe you cheated on our spa!! Ha ha. Just kidding! I don't blame you! Its nice to go elsewhere sometimes! I'm glad Jon is home. Hopefully this week won't be so stressful for you!

Dartay said...

Fun, I'm jealous!

Nicole said...

You sure got a good husband there!!
"Me time" is very valuable, no matter how much we love out kids. You are such a cute mamma & wife!

Lacey Tait said...

Hey Kim! What a cute family you have! It's so fun to see pictures of your kids! I miss you at bunko, but it was fun to see you last time! And I loved you hair you were looking so cute!

brandy said...

Ahh.....what I would give for a day out by myself! I really don't know what I would do. Probably copy exactly what you did. You can't go wrong with the gym, pedis, a movie and rio!!! Good for you!!

Rachel Banks said...

I just want all to know that I (Joe, husband to Rachel) helped with the kids as well. I can't believe you left me out!

Rachel Banks said...

No, he didn't.