Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poor baby girl!!

So the sickness definitely hit our house this year, and poor Charli got the brunt of it. We have been so lucky with Chandler, he is almost three and has never had anything more than a little cold, not even one ear infection. So when Charli's nose started running, and she had a little cough I just thought maybe she had a bit of a cold. But as her cough got really deep I took her to the doctor and they tested her for RSV, luckily that came back negative, but the doctor said she definitely had bronchitis, poor thing. There isn't much you can do for that but the usual humidifier in the room and elevate their head while they sleep. She started to get better and then 4 days later woke up (or tried to wake up) with pink eye in both eyes!! It was so sad, I started crying, they were crusted shut. Back to the doctor we went. "How did she get this, she doesn't even go to daycare." But the doctor said it is so contagious, she could have gotten it from a shopping cart. Yuck!! The eyedrops her doctor prescribed were amazing, they started clearing up within 24 hours. Luckily Chandler didn't get it, but I got a back up bottle just in case. Needless to say it has been a long couple weeks and we haven't gone anywhere, therefore the lack of blogging!! :)



So sad!! :(
Our poor beaten child!!

Good as new!! We can see her big blue eyes, Yeah!!!


Just having fun in the bath!! I wouldn't let them take one together for like a week, that's never as much fun.

11 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Kim.. I feel for you more than you know. This has been by far the hardest season for me.. it's been one thing after another - and I got pink eye in both eyes! It's been awful. Nothing makes me more frustrated than seeing a runny nose with one of my kids.. knowing it will probably just get worse! I hope she is feeling better now.

Cardwell said...

Oh, poor thing! She looks so sad with her red swollen eyes. I'm glad she's feeling better - for both your sakes!

Dartay said...

Poor baby :( That just breaks my heart looking at her sad little face. I'm glad things are back to normal at the Lee home, now lets go play!

Rachel Banks said...

It looks like you beat the crap out of her. I'm so so so so glad she is doing better. She's much too cute to be looking like that :)

Michelle Woj said...

You're kidding me?!?! Mia has RSV, double pink eye, and an ear infection. Wtf is up with this cold season? It's bugging me so bad! Well, I hope your babe gets better soon. It's so sad to see them like this. I was bawling yesterday too, so I feel your pain!

Sara said...

Yeah, don't take a baby looking like that out in public! Poor thing!

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

Atleast she is back to her crazy self and keeping you busy at church. Good to finally see ya again.

Smiley0709 said...

Omg! That is so sad.. I hear that pink eye has been going around like crazy! My nephew has bronchitis. So sad.. Scares me. Makes me want to take Cam to the dr... She's still coughing. Glad to see Charli is doing better. She is SO beautiful!!

Kara said...

That is so sad! I hate it when my kids are sick. You feel so bad for them, especially when they are miserable. Tyson had RSV last year and Brayden had Bronchialitis a couple years ago :( and has had many bad colds. Sickness is no fun!

Nicole said...

Poor little thing. Those beautiful blue eyes look like they hurt. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes. I am glad she is feeling better. It is so hard on mommies to see their little babies sick. Her one year pictures are just adorable too.

brandy said...

Those pictures are so sad. Poor little sweetie! I'm glad she's doing better. Thank goodness Spring is right around the corner and hopefully the flu season is over.